My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Challenge

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Oscars

Seriously, I was in awe at the Oscars tonight! Have they finally listened to the people and cut out all the things no one on earth cares about?

They didn't introduce us to the super-attractive (wink, wink) accountants that had briefcases handcuffed to their wrists. They didn't have long drawn out performances of the originals scores for movies. They didn't have long speeches of people going on and on and on about things we don't care about....well, maybe one in particular but I won't name names.

I thought it a little tasteless that they kept showing Brad and Angie while Jennifer Aniston was on stage, but I guess I would have been missing it that if it were lacking, but seriously once would have been enough.

Good clean humor. Check.
Good clean presenters. Check (well, Ben Stiller didn't really count against them.)
Lack of druggie jokes (unlike the Golden Globes- except those idiots from Pineapple Express, but whatever). Check.
Short, sweet, to the point, and entertaining. Check, check and double check.

I was very moved by the Oscars. I have to admit, I don't think I have seen any of the movies but the Dark Knight. I was moved by Heath Ledger's family accepting his award. I was moved by the 5 previous winners giving the intros for Best and Supporting Actor/Actress. I thought it was just a very tasteful show that was entertaining, not boring, and showed a beautiful picture of what an awards show should portray (unlike the Golden Globes.)

I love the Oscars and I always have. I am glad to see they have shortened it, cleaned up their acts, and maybe, just maybe listened to the people.

Oh, and I didn't know that Michael Crichton, Paul Newman, or Charlton Heston died this year. I need to watch the news more!!

No comments: