My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Challenge

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge

Monday, September 14, 2009

Crazy Love

Have you read this book? Francis Chan is amazing. He is truly a spiritually gifted author. He spoke during One Prayer at our church and I really fell in love with his style of speaking. I didn't know who he was, nor did I know at that time that he was a gifted writer with a mega selling book.

www.crazylovebook.com

Well, I am reading it, and I am amazed, and ashamed. It is really eating me to my core. It is making me really think about the life I live. Not just my Sunday life where we pretend that we didn't fight all morning getting ready for church. Not my Monday night Bible study life where we have our little group that is so close and trusting. But, my life at work, at home, the way I speak to my husband, the way I speak to my child, the way I talk with my sisters. Do the things that I do, think, and say--do those reflect Christ?

Last year I got Cori a little picture for her room that says, "Let those that know you and don't know Christ, come to know Christ because they know you." That is certainly a desire I have for my child, but has that been a desire I have for myself? Well, it certainly should be.

I don't just want to know that love of Christ and keep it all to myself. I want to reach out to those around me and show Christ. It is hard to get over myself, and my little fleshly desires to be rude to those who are rude to me, to answer insult with injury, to give and not expect anything back.

But, Christ is working in me. I am setting myself aside and letting the Crazy Love of Christ renew my heart and mind.

Oh, and if you are interested in reading the book, the bloom button on the right of my blog has the book discussion that I am a part of...

No comments: