My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Challenge

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge

Monday, March 23, 2009

My husband is so great, so why don't I treat him like it?

Check out this site. http://www.titus2atthewell.com/2009/03/are-you-born-supervisor.html

What an amazing principle she shares today! I have visited this site before, but didn't start following it until today.

First off, let me just tell you that todays post was written just for me. It could have had my name at the top. "Jessica, Are you a born supervisor?" Am I proud of that?--well, I thought I was, but I am seeing that what may be good in my position at work, is certainly poisonous for my marriage and my home.

It is not my job to check off a list if my husband is performing satisfactorily. Why do I think that I can talk to him in a way that I would never speak to my co-workers, or even to a stranger? Why is it so easy for those things to pop into my head and even worse for them to come out of my mouth?

I know that he loves me unconditionally. I know that he wants to be with me forever. So why don't I treat him like it. Perhaps as it is written in the post, it is because I don't see all the wonderful things about my husband.

So, when I think of my husband, I am going to become verbally thankful for him. I am going to tell those around me how great he is, instead of only giving voice to the things that he does that drive me crazy.

So, here is the start of my list:
I love my husband because:
  • He takes care of the house
  • He does the dishes
  • He cooks dinner
  • He keeps my dear daughter so that I can go to weekly Bible Study
  • He loves our daughter so deeply
  • He is a neat freak

This is something that we were challenged to do when we were part of The Vow on http://www.lifechurch.tv/ and I am going to continue to do it.

Oh, and did I mention we are starting a marriage class at church. I am so excited about it. I know that it is going to do amazing things in our lives. Things have been really good lately and just keep getting better, and I know this marriage class is going to take things to an even higher level.

No comments: