My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Challenge

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge

Monday, August 24, 2009

A change will do you good

Oh how I wish I could believe that right now.

Some things are changing in my life right now that is very exciting. Some things are a straight answer to many years of prayer. Thank you Jesus. Some things bring tears to my eyes because God is so good.

Some things I have to look very hard to see the good. Some things are just hard right now.

But God's word says, "We know that in all things God works for the good, for those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Rom 8:28

This is the verse I am claiming right now.

It is hard to stay focused on God when everything around you is so unsure. It is hard to stay focused on God when you don't have a moment to yourself to think, much less spend time in the Word, spend time meditating and memorizing scripture, or spend time on your face seeking God, not for what he can do, but just for who He is.

That is where I find myself right now. Something big happened and it has sent me into a tailspin. Things are very up in the air, but I am believing that God's word is true, and that he will work all things for the good for me.

As far as filling my schedule too full to spend time with God, I will have to work on that. I need to prune out things that are not fruitful in my life. That is very painful. Some of the things I know I need to get rid of in my life are going to hurt. Some things are going to be easy to drop...but oh, not the things I love that I need to let go of. That will be hard. But I can do hard. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Thank you Jesus for renewing my focus on you. Thank you for helping me see what in my schedule needs to go. Thank you for being constant and unchanging, when things around me are so unsure. Amen.

No comments: