My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Challenge

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge

Friday, August 7, 2009

To go or not to go--that is the question

My ten year high school reunion is this weekend. It is very low key, just lunch, a tour of our high school, dinner, and then meet at a hotel that wasn't even built until last year.

It doesn't quite have the same bit of nostalgia for me that it does for people who moved away and are just coming back to visit. I grew up in this town, I graduated in this town, I went to college in this town, I met my husband and married in this town, and I settled down in this town and have a home and a family and a career.

I didn't like high school much. I had a very close group of friends, and I wasn't a cheerleader, or into sports, and I didn't really care for all the cliques that were so very important at that time.

I have only really stayed close to one of my friends from high school. In fact, she is my sister-in-law now. My close friends moved away and went to college and we fell into different circles and lifestyles and didn't keep in touch like we should have.

But, I don't really care to go to see a bunch of people that I didn't really like, and they didn't really like me, and just do the small talk thing. I hate the small talk thing. I don't feel like telling 100 different people what I am doing right now. If they really care, they can befriend me on Facebook.

Is that mean? I just don't understand the point.

Instead we are going to go to a water park and hang out with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and have a great time. There will be no small talk, no telling the same stories a hundred times, there will just be fun! That is my kind of Saturday.

No comments: