My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Challenge

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge

Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year, New Me

So my new year didn't start off so well. I got strep throat and was as sick as I think I have ever been. I am recovering now, but didn't get to start off with a bang, like I thought I would.

So, today is the 4th. My current weight is 172--still down 10 lbs from October, which is awesome since I didn't watch what I ate over Thanksgiving or Christmas. I plan to work out in some shape or fashion at least 2 times a week over the next 6 weeks.

I might join the gym, but I am not sure how that is going to work. It would put me getting home pretty late in the evening or working out later at night. Maybe Justin and I can find a happy medium so that we can both work out at the gym. We both really miss it and would love to go back.

I am going to get back on the eating right plan, instead of eating whatever I feel like plan. That means serving more fruits and veggies to my family, and staying away from chips, crackers, and all those food with little nutrition and lots of calories or fat.

I have a high school reunion this year, and I don't want to be another one of those girls that just got fat. Plus, we have one more year until we are planning to try to have another baby, so I would like to be in shape to help combat my risk factors for pregnancy induced hypertention (or pre-eclampsia)--which I faced in my first pregnancy.

So, here goes. Happy New Year and Happy New Me!!!!

No comments: