My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Challenge

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge

Thursday, June 11, 2009

God is always right on time--especially when I need Him


So today I was struggling at work. But God has been showing me that it is my pride that is the problem--let me tell you that is not easy to admit. Today I was having an especially difficult day. To top off my bad day, I left my Zune (for those who don't know it is like an ipod but cooler) at home. Justin, the loving and wonderful husband that he is, brought it to me at 1pm, just when I needed it the most.

Last night I downloaded a bunch of new podcasts (Joyce and Lifechurch.tv sermons) so I had been looking forward to listening to my new stuff and my disappointment was great when I realized I was going to have to work this afternoon with nothing to listen to, except for the thoughts in my head....which are better than they used to be, but not where they need to be.

Well, I turn on Joyce via her podcast when I got my Zune and the title of the message is Humble, Gentle, Meek and Lowly. Four things I am certain would not ever be mentioned about my character--yet. And 4 things that someone with a pride problem really needs to hear. Let me just tell you that she ate my LUNCH! I mean, she even talked about being a supervisor at work and how you need to change your personality when dealing with people. If that wasn't a word from God especially for me today, I don't know what is. I listened to all 5 of those podcasts over and over. I will make sure that they stay in my zune so that I can listen to those lessons whenever I start thinking of myself more highly than I ought.

I am so thankful that God has given me friends, family, and a wonderful boss who can help me through this rough patch right now. I am going to keep my ears open and my heart soft so that I can be ready to take in whatever God is trying to teach me.

If you have the opportunity to get a podcast (through your zune, ipod, iphone, or another compatible player) I recommend going to Joycemeyer.org and check out subscribing to her podcast. You can also get it through the itunes store, or zune.com.

Maybe the next podcast will have a word for YOU!

1 comment:

Slices of Beauty... said...

Love Joyce too.
Beautiful weekend.